Candles are a wonderful addition to any mood or room but some people don’t like to use them because they are messy. Candle manufacturers have realized this and have created alternatives to the traditional candle.
Jar candles are a great way to get what you want from a candle without the mess of melting wax or smoke. They can be great to use around children and others who may have a tendency to knock a traditional candle over accidentally.
One of the nice features about jar candles is that they can include more than one scent. This way you get complementary scents throughout your room instead of just one flavor. This can create a nice atmosphere in any room.
Reasons You Should Use Jar Candles
Jar candles are important to use especially when you need to leave a candle unattended. Here are the top 5 reasons that jar candles work well in any setting:
1. Jar candles are safer than other candles — jar candles have wax that is even inside the jar which means that it sets solidly and balanced on your surface. They also are not as easy to knock over as other types of candles.
2. You have no mess to clean up — jar candles are self contained which means and therefore you have no mess to clean up as they melt. Because the wax is inside the jar, it just melts within the parameters of the jar. Because of this, you can even set the jar on a tablecloth.
3. Jar candles burn longer — jar candles generally burn longer than regular taper or pillar candles. They also can be reused easily. Some jar candles have at least 100 hours of burn time.
4. You can experience a variety of different scents–as we said before, you can have blends of scents and you can always change the scent in the room. As an example, if you get tired of one scent, you can always close that one off (jar candles come with lids) and open a different one.
5. Some are wickless — you can also purchase wickless candles in jars you don’t have to deal with fire at all. Instead, you can place these on an electric candle warmer.
Now that you know why to use them, don’t hesitate to experiment. You can generally purchase jar candles inexpensively so you can get more than one. Use them in different rooms as a group of candles or use them to freshen up a specific room by placing candles around the room.
You can also decorate the jar to match the décor of your room. As an example, you might take the glass jar and put a family picture, your own label or a picture from a greeting card on the outside of the jar.
As you start to use jar candles you will find that they have a variety of uses that are not open to other types of candles. Have fun experimenting and see what other ideas you can find to use jar candles.